Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

back to blogging

After going on hiatus for almost a year, i'm back to blogging again.

I stopped blogging after I started reviewing for my GRE and TOEFL exams in November. However, after that, I got pre-occupied with so many other things including numerous trips in southeast Asia and exploring almost every corner of Singapore.

Since my last blog, I have added immigration stamps on my passports from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Macau, Hongkong and India. I should post some pictures of those trips online one of these days, except for India as I did not see any part of Mumbai aside from their airport, my hotel room and the DHL office!

Also, I've gone home to Manila four times already- one of the many perks of living in SG, so close to home. Once was on a first class flight on Singapore Airlines when my stupidity got the better of me and I was left behind by my original Jetstar flight. Lesson learned: never assume that you know your flight schedule unless you've physically checked your ticket a week before your date of flight. You could be wrong and one week is enough time to rectify the situation. Then again, two days before your flight, check it again because if you're anything like me, you might forget your time of departure! Blown my savings the past couple of month for the airfare ticket- 1700SGD!!! A very expensive lesson indeed but at leat I can tick off 'fly 1st class' from my 'to do before i turn 50' list :) Plus it was next to impossible to get a flight to Manila during the Christmas rush. So rather than be depressed until March (i know i will!) because I didn't spend Christmas at home, I just decided to go home in style ;) There's nothing like Christmas in the Philippines I tell you!

Let's see, what else is new with me? Oh yeah, I'm already in Florida. Finally confirmed my Fulbright Scholarship to pursue my 2.5 year graduate degree in Museum Studies at the University of Florida! Thanks to all those who helped me move my mountains through prayers!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...