Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

One Month After

Today marks the 1st month anniversary of my relocation to Singapore. So it is a perfect time to take stock of what I have done for the past 30 days. Here they are: 

- Wept from sheer joy upon receiving news of my acceptance to Fulbright

- Boarded the DHL hot air balloon


- Closed a fantastic deal to rent a room in an awesome condo


- Got lost a couple of times- erase erase those were unplanned "sight-seeing"


- Ate at hawkers centers; binged on satay at Lau Pa Sat; learned how to eat Xiaolongbao at Legend Chinese Restaurant; watched in amazement at how Roti Pratas are cooked; and sampled Moroccan, Indian, Egyptian, Malaysian & Indonesian food


- Overspent on shopping


- Drooled over hi-tech gadgets & gizmos at the Computer Expo


- Fantasized about actually living in one or more of the demo rooms of Ikea


- Volunteered for the National Museum of Singapore


- Fell in love & got my heart broken- oh wait that was a couple of years ago. Totally over that one!


- And finally, I met, interacted and exchanged contact information with 2 extremely inspiring people: Illac Diaz and Anousheh Ansari


Now isn't this such a fabulous start? What a sweet sweet life indeed- la dolce vita!



2 comments:

Katherine said...

You seem to have accomplished a lot! :)

Bethany C Morrow said...

I wanted to extend my absolutely heartfelt congratulations for your Fulbright and especially your faith. I read the August entry and then this one and I am so happy for you, as I pray for my 08/09 Fulbright.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...